[Matroska-users] option --dump-splitpoints

Snoopy snoopy.2 at laposte.net
Fri Sep 10 17:06:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've not used mkvmerge for a long time, and I try to rip some files today. I see that the --dump-splitpoints option doesn't exist anymore.
I' looked the changelog and found this :

2004-01-30  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
	* mkvmerge: Changed the two-pass splitting into a one-pass splitting. [...]

maybe the option disapear with this.

I use this option because I like to cut my films just after a scene, and knowing where the mkv will be splitted is realy usefull for this.
I've writed a script who use mplayer and stop playing on each cut-points. The user choses when he want to cut.

Is anybody know how to do this without this option ?
Split by time splits AFTER the given time, then if we give a time few miliseconds after the start of a scene, the film can be cutted
2-3 seconds after the good time (dépend on vidéo key, I think)

thanks