[Matroska-users] Having trouble with this .mkv file of mine...

Yama solar_spyder_gts at verizon.net
Thu Sep 9 04:42:19 CEST 2004

Hey, i noticed your threads on Moviecodec.com (chris) and I was wondering whether or not you could help me with a problem of mine...I just finished downloading a .mkv video torrent.  It's about 25 min. long.  I downloaded the matroska pack with FFDShow, Oggvorbis, the works...I even got The Core Media Player, but when I try to play it, my comp. freezes up (work light goes off, mouse freezes).  I checked the # of tracks and Codec ID off of the core media player, and this is what i came up with:

One video track, two audio tracks, and one subtitle track;
track #1 (video):
Codec ID: V_MS/VFW/FOURCC
Extra Codec Info: XviD MPEG-4 codec (XVID)

track #2 (audio):
Codec ID: A_AC3

track #3 (audio):
Codec ID: A_VORBIS

track #4 (subtitle):
Codec ID: S_TEXT/UTF8

I have no idea what my problem is, i have already installed the XviD, AC3, and OGG Vorbis codecs...and i know the subs arent the problem....please help me out here...i'm completely in the dark.

BTW, i'm working with a Win98 in case that helps you diagnose my problem.

Thanks in advance...
-Spyder