[Matroska-users] Re: Matroska problem

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jun 27 10:23:13 CEST 2004

Hi Khaled,

very likely your MKV has RealVideo 9/10 being used for the video, this
is a very common combination these days, because of the superior visual
quality of RV 9/10 for high compression ratios ( typically 1 CD rips
with more than one language ).

To be able to play them, you need to have either Realplayer (
http://realnetworks.com , Real One will do ) or the Real alternative
codec pack installed ( search for 'realcodec.exe' on google ;) )
installed. To play it, dont use Realplayer, it just has to be present on
your system, so that the necessary DLLs for RV9/10 decoding can be
adressed from the DirectShow Realmedia splitter in the matroska full pack.

Christian