[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 0.9.1 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jun 13 13:16:47 CEST 2004

Heya users & maintainers,

the usual mail :) I've released a new version called 0.9.1 containing a
couple of fixes and a couple of enhancements. The usual mix, but I'd say
the focus is on the new features :)

The homepage:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
The sources:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/mkvtoolnix-0.9.1.tar.bz2
Windows binaries:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-0.9.1.rar
The binaries for Debian are up, the ones for Fedora Core and SuSE are
still being built and will be available via the homepage shortly.

Here's the ChangeLog since 0.9.0:
-------------------------------------
2004-06-13  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: Dropped supoprt for 'aviclasses' (one of the two
	libraries for accessing AVI files). This mostly affects the
	Windows users as I've used aviclasses and not avilib on Windows so
	far. The 0.9.0-pre-builds so far haven't shown any problems,
	though, so I hope this doesn't break anything.

	* mmg: bug fix: The job manager did not handle the conversion
	of non-ASCII characters correctly.

	* mmg: new feature: The action 'delete job' in the job manager
	will also delete the file in the 'jobs' subdirectory.

2004-06-12  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mmg: new feature: Added an option to make mmg stay always on
	top (only on Windows).

	* mkvmerge: new feature: mmg will set the 'display dimensions'
	automatically for AVI files whose video track is MPEG4 and has the
	pixel aspect ratio stored in the bitstream.

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: The improved MP3 garbage detection was broken
	resulting in an error message from mkvmerge in some weird
	situations.

2004-06-08  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: Matroska tracks can use lacing (several
	frames inside one Matroska block with only one timecode for the
	whole block). mkvmerge did not recreate the timecodes for the
	frames 1..n in the lacing correctly.

2004-06-06  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: feature removed: Dropped support for 'time
	slices'. They were not used, didn't offer the player any
	additional value and caused massive increase in overhead.

	* mmg: new feature: Added a dialog for adding arbitrary command
	line options which includes a list of advanced options to chose
	from.

2004-06-04  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: The OGM fix in 0.9.0 broke handling for
	non-broken OGM files a bit.

2004-06-03  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for the audio/video
	synchronization method used by NanDub (garbage at the beginning of
	audio tracks inside an AVI) for AC3 and MPEG audio tracks. In
	other words: If an AVI is read and an audio track contains garbage
	right at the beginning then the corresponding audio delay is
	calculated and used instead of simply discarding the garbage.

2004-06-01  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: new feature: Enabled reading MPEG4 video from MP4
	files (nope, they're not stored in Matroska's native mode yet).

Have fun :)

Mosu