[Matroska-users] Contenate several file into one mkv

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jul 26 18:39:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I was considering using the --append-to of mkvmerge, but I wasn't able to
> figure how.

That's definitely not your fault. mkvmerge does not support appending (
= concatenating) tracks yet. From time to time I do some needed
groundwork on it in order to have support for that some day. --append-to
is part of such work. It has no functionality assigned to it yet apart
from parsing the parameters.

> Is mkvmerge able to concatenate several stream from different files into one
> single track ?

Not yet unfortunately.

> Or have I to use avidemux and avimerge first in order to optain one
> single avi file, and then use mkvmerge ?

Yes.

Mosu