[Matroska-users] Contenate several file into one mkv

Clement "nodens" Hermann clement.hermann at free.fr
Mon Jul 26 18:25:30 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to concatenate several file (both avi and ogm) to a single mkv
file, but I would like the audio and video of these files to be appended
into a single track, and then have a chapter for each input file.

I know how to use a chapter file, so that's not the hard part, but I'm
unable to put the streams into a single track for video and another for audio.

I was considering using the --append-to of mkvmerge, but I wasn't able to
figure how. Either I don't understand what's this option meant to do, either
I don't pass the right parameters.

Is mkvmerge able to concatenate several stream from different files into one
single track ? Or have I to use avidemux and avimerge first in order to
optain one single avi file, and then use mkvmerge ?

Cheers,

--
Clément 'nodens' Hermann
- "L'air pur ? c'est pas en RL, ça ? c'est pas hors charte ?"