[Matroska-users] Re: MKXExtract problem :(

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Jul 19 09:58:42 CEST 2004

Pheonix,

the subs you have here are vobsub subtitles, taken directly from the
DVD, and i am sorry to say that mkvextract can currently not handle
them. Reason is, they are normally encapsulated in a MPEG container, and
Mosu had no time yet to add such a library to write back the raw blocks
from the MKV subtitles stream into an MPEG container.

I see from your 2nd email that you are trying to create an OGM file from
this MKV, but OGM has no support for vobsub subtitles. You had to
convert it into SRT text subtitles to do so, and i honestly dont know a
way how you could create SRT subtitles from RAW vobsub frames, i am
sorry :( . Maybe you could try to generate a graph on DirectShow with
graphedit.exe, where you connect a MPEG muxer filter after the dvobsub
decoder and then insert a file writer ?

Sorry i cant help you on this

Christian