[Matroska-users] Re: playing matroska files

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jan 18 01:07:25 CET 2004

shyeu shyae wrote:

> im having a real hard time playing mkv files i dled the coreplayer nd
> media player clasic but neither of them can play them.
> medialayer lasic says it t cant find the codec it plays the video though.
> and the core media player just says it cant play the file.
> i cant find the matroska codec that i an install i dled the splitter
> but it is just a .ax file and windows xp doesnt recognize the file type.
> id appreciate the help because i want to watch final fantasy unlimited
> and any other future anime that are released in mkv format.
> sean

Go here and download our 'full' installer pack : http://packs.matroska.org

If the MKV file contains RealVideo 9, you also need RealPlayer installed
( we are not allowed to distribute the RealVideo codec with out
installer ), but as MPC will play your video already, i guess you have
that already, or the video is not RV9 ( maybe DivX/Xvid ). Install the
pack and report back to me.

BTW : If you have any 'codec packs' installed, its better to deactivate

matrix mixer filter     and
morgan stream switcher

during the installation of the pack, we had reports of interference of
these filters with some of these 'codec packs'.