[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 0.8.1 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jan 6 01:17:34 CET 2004

Heya list & package maintainers,

the second release in 2004 right after 0.8.0 is 0.8.1. It fixes three
important things, and though I'm quite annoyed at having introduced the
first with 0.8.0 in the first place I'm as pleased to have finally fixed
the other two.

The first bug, introduced with 0.8.0, made muxing RealVideo impossible
(resulting in segfaults / invalid memory access etc.). This bugfix
changed two lines of code.

The second bug fixes the parsing of QuickTime/MP4 files for some special
atom sizes. This mostly affects MP4 files created by NeroDigital and
consists of eight lines of source code being moved down one line.

The third bug fixes the VobSub handling on Windows getting rid of these
illegal memory access / "mkvmerge exited with an error
-13905490871395". The bugfix is exactly one line long.

You see, small changes with big results.

The URLs:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
The source:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/mkvtoolnix-0.8.1.tar.bz2
And the Windows binaries:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-0.8.1.rar

The ChangeLog:
-------------------------
2004-01-06  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* Released v0.8.1.

2004-01-05  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: The I/O classes were not initialized
	correctly on Windows resulting in spontaneous strange error
	messages, especially when muxing VobSubs.

2004-01-03  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: For some special atom sizes in Quicktime and
	MP4 files the size was not read correctly. This affected
	e.g. files created by Nero Digital.

2004-01-02  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: Segfault when muxing some video formats due
	to unchecked data (includes RealVideo).

Have a pleasant day :)

Mosu