[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 0.8.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Jan 1 15:06:01 CET 2004
Heya guys & maintainers,
I've released a new version of mkvtoolnix: 0.8.0. It is mainly a bug fix
release containing a number of small bug fixes (there was really no show
stopper this time ;)) but also support for the new and simpler tagging
system (still no tag editor, but it'll come soon).
As a side note to those interested: This release does already contain
code to create native MPEG4 files with proper B frame support and stuff,
but due to various reasons this code is not activated by default. It'll
come later. When I've got this working more or less then I'll probably
start workingon reading video from MP4 files.
Happy new year.
Here's the ChangeLog since 0.7.9:
2004-01-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.8.0.
2003-12-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed the "write chapters to Matroska file"
* mmg: bug fix: Made mmg not abort but only display an error
message when malformed XML chapter files should be loaded.
2003-12-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The timescodes for Vorbis were calculated one
packet too early (meaning that the first packet did not start at
* mmg: Made "don't link" ON by default because some players might
have problems with the second and all following files if they
don't expect them not to start at 0.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract, mkvinfo: Added support for the new tagging
* mmg: bug fix: The default values for the chapter language and
chapter country are now applied when loading simple (OGM) style
chapter files as well.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The VobSub packetizer will assume MPEG2 if no
MPEG version identifier was found ("Unsupported MPEG version:
2003-12-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: There are MP4 files that actually contain HE-AAC but
don't have the 5 byte identifier. mkvmerge will also assume SBR if
there's only the 2 byte identifier with a sampling frequency <
2003-12-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: Wrong display output and illegal memory
access when extracting FLAC files.
2003-12-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: If one added a Matroska file and the track name or
language of a track consisted of only blanks then mmg would
2003-12-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: The input box will automatically select the first track
when a file is selected. Upon track selection the input focus is
set to the track name input box.
* mmg: The chapter editor automatically focuses the chapter name
input box whenever a chapter entry is selected.
* mmg: bug fix: The chapter editor did not properly escape the
chapter names resulting in invalid XML files if the special
characters &, < or > were used.
2003-12-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If splitting was active then a wrong CodecID
was written to the second and all following files for MP2 tracks.
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-users