[Matroska-users] Problems with mmg

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Feb 29 08:49:24 CET 2004

Hi Hitokiri,

[quote]
good evening. if you have time tonight here is what's going on (if you
don't have time please say so) I think I know how mmg works, but I can't
get my files to load.then I downloaded virtual dub, it loads my files
but I can't figure out how it works  .
well I'm leaving, if you have a suggestion or if i'm missing something
stupid,  please mail me at hitokiri AT ilse.nl[/quote]

i am sorry i couldnt help you last night via MSN, i was busy with other
things. copying the matroska-users at lists.matroska.org Mailing list on
your problem, so that other people can also benefit from your problems,
or throw in suggestions.

To create MKV files, you need VirtualdubMod, not Virtualdub. You get it
from http://sf.net/projects/virtualdubmod . Its funny that your AVI
files wont load in mmg, thats the first time we have these problems. mmg
normally will eat any kind of AVI files you throw at it.

Try the following :

1. After you open your files in Virtualdub ( or VirtualdubMod ), set
both 'video' and 'audio' to 'direct stream copy' and then save it a new
AVI with 'file' 'save AVI'. Then try to load this new AVI file in mmg.

2. If you open it in VirtualdubMod, set 'video' to 'direct stream copy'
and then 'file' 'save as MKV'

Please report back to the mailing list how it went