[Matroska-general] Re: [Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 1.0.1 is out

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Dec 17 09:57:49 CET 2004

Hey,

> On Windows:
> When you hit the [Start muxing], the progress window will pop up,
> but it won't be the topmost window, and will be hidden bihind
> other windows. Is this a spec?

No, this is Windows. I've noticed it myself, but all my efforts to let
it stay on top are in vain. So I really, really, REALLY don't know how
to make it behave properly... The options are:

1. The main window stays visiable during muxing and cannot be
   hidden/minimized,
2. The muxing dialog is made non-modal. Then the main window can be
   minimized, but it can also be changed, and that will definitely
   result in crashes. Also if the main window is minimized as soon as
   the muxing is finished then the muxing dialog is made modal and the
   main window cannot be restored anymore (only from the task manager),
3. The way it is now.

I have not been able to get 4. to work.

> This is confusing becuase everything is abruptly hidden
> when you start muxing, making it look like as though MMG just
> crashed.

I know. I just don't have a solution.

> _ps_
> hmmm, so you don't want to discuss things in doom9 anymore?

Huh? I don't?

Mosu