[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 0.9.5 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Aug 21 23:23:19 CEST 2004
here's a new release of mkvtoolnix after almost a month. This release
features a couple of new features like sample precision for timestamps
and durations and support for a couple new Matroska elements.
This release is also a feature freeze. The following releases will only
contain bug fixes. The goal is to have a release 1.0 soon which will
hopefully contain as few bugs as possible. So don't hesitate to report
any outstanding bugs :)
A note to all Windows users: Files created with this new version require
a new version of Gabest's Matroska splitter - at least 184.108.40.206 available
Alternatively you can use Haali's new splitter. Read about it on this
thread on doom9.org:
The usual links...
...to the homepage:
...the source code:
...the Windows binaries:
The Linux binaries for Debian, SuSE and Fedora Core have already been
uploaded as well and are available from the homepage.
Here's the ChangeLog since 0.9.4:
2004-08-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.9.5.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: WAV files which contained a 'PAD ' chunk
before the 'data' chunk were not processed at all.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Use 'setjmp' and 'longjmp' Instead of
throwing a C++ exception during the chapter parsing
stage. Otherwise libexpat will abort with a non-descriptive error
message on Windows.
2004-08-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: SSA/ASS subs with the old codec ID 'S_SSA'
and 'S_ASS' were accepted, but their codec ID was kept. It is now
correctly changed to 'S_TEXT/SSA' and 'S_TEXT/ASS'.
2004-08-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract: new feature: Added support for
the new 'EditionFlagHidden', 'EditionFlagDefault' and
* mkvmerge: Added 'EditionUID' to valid elements below '<Targets>'
in XML tags. Fixed the creation of the 'Targets' with
--global-tags and --tags.
2004-08-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract: Added support for the new tag
elements ('tag language' and 'default/original language').
* mkvmerge: new feature: If there was no MIME type given for an
attachment then mkvmerge will try to guess it based on the file's
extension just like mmg.
2004-08-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvextract, mmg: Changes to the chapter
handling. EditionUIDs are always created. mkvextract outputs
EditionUIDs and ChapterUIDs normally. mkvmerge tries to keep
EditionUIDs and ChapterUIDs but replaces them if they aren't
2004-08-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The 'down' button on the 'input' tab was not
working correctly in all cases.
2004-08-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo, mmg: bug fix: Fixed compilation with Unicode enabled
versions of wxWidgets.
2004-08-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Try to guess whether tags read from OGM
files (for automatic language tag setting and for copying chapter
information) are already in UTF-8 or not. If not try to convert
them from the current system's charset.
2004-08-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: use the same UID for the EditionUID in the
chapters and in the tag targets when parsing a CUE sheet.
2004-08-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge/mkvextract: new feature: Use the new EditionUID entries
when convert CUE sheets to chapters and tracks. This is in
preparation for 'multiple CDs to single Matroska file'
* mkvmerge: new feature: Abort muxing if the output file name is
the same as the name of one of the input files.
2004-08-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented sample-precision for
timestamps and durations on audio only files.
* mkvextract: bug fix: The CUE extraction wrote UTF-8 characters
but no UTF-8 BOM (byte order marker) at the beginning.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Handle TTA files with ID3 tags correctly ( =
skip the ID3 tags).
* mkvmerge: bug fix: There was an illegal free() in the OGM
2004-07-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: The subtitle track extraction used the wrong
duration in 0.9.4.
2004-07-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: new feature: Limited support for extracting chapters
as CUE sheets that haven't been created by using a CUE sheet with
mkvmerge's "--chapters" option.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Block durations with 0s length (e.g. entries
in a SSA file) were not written.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The FLAC packetizer gets the duration
from the FLAC packet itself.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The word 'TAG' occuring in e.g. SRT subs
caused the ID3/MP3 frame detection to be stuck n an endless loop.
Have fun :)
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-users