[Matroska-users] Playback problem

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Apr 26 16:56:53 CEST 2004

Johnny,

what Steve forgot to tell you explicitely, dont try to open/play your
MKV with Realplayer after installing it, but use MPC or any other
DirectShow based player for that. Realplayer only needs to be installed
on your system, so that the DirectShow Realmedia splitter can access the
Realvideo decoding DLL's. The only alternative i know to doing that is a
fancy program called 'realcodec.exe' ( google is your friend ), which
will install the DLL's alone, so you dont need to have Realplayer
installed ;-) ....

Christian