[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 0.7.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Sep 16 00:24:40 CEST 2003
here it is - the brand new mkvtoolnix release 0.7.0. A lot of things
have changed since 0.6.6.1, and here are the highlights:
- new: QuickTime/MP4 support with AAC-in-MP4 (including AAC+/HE-AAC)
(note that you cannot playback QuickTime based videos, e.g. Sorenson,
on Windows at the moment, but mplayer can).
- new: Full featured GUI as a replacement for the discontinued mmg by
- new: Full chapter support with XML chapter files.
- bugfixes: mkvmerge's Matroska reader has been improved, especially
when splitting is active.
- new-but-deactivated: VobSub handler. Has to be specified, but it'll
come soon (including compression)!
A lot of new code went into this release, so I expect bugs to show
up. Keep the reports coming :)
Here's the complete ChangeLog since the last release:
2003-09-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.7.0.
* mkvextract: Add an UTF-8 BOM to extracted SSA/ASS and SRT
subtitle files. Print warnings for missing durations for text
2003-09-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Added a complete GUI for mkvmerge, mkvmergeGUI (mmg) based on
the work of Florian Wagner.
2003-09-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Support for setting the track names.
* mkvmerge: For Matroska source files: If the source contains
chapters then these are kept unless the user specified chapters
2003-09-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Implemented an experimental VobSub reader and
packetizer. No specs exist for these yet, though.
* mkvmerge: Improved the support for Matroska files with tracks
with big gaps between entries, e.g. subtitle tracks whose entries
are a minute or more apart.
* mkvmerge: When splitting is active and the source is a Matroska
file then splitpoints were borked, and the first pass was slow as
your average mole.
* mkvmerge: The track UIDs are kept when reading Matroska files
even when splitting is active.
2003-09-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Added a QuickTime/MP4 reader. Can handle several
QuickTime video and QuickTime audio formats as well as AAC (both
'normal' AAC and SBR AAC).
2003-09-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight are kept intact when
reading from a Matroska file but can be overridden with
2003-08-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Wrote documentation, XML examples and the DTD for the XML
* mkvinfo: Rewrote mkvinfo to use libebml's Read() function
instead of manually reading each and every element.
* mkvmerge: Added support for XML based chapter files.
==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
More information about the Matroska-users