[Matroska-users] Re: Re: [Matroska-general] new mkvtoolnix release0.7.1

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Oct 4 19:48:41 CEST 2003

Hi.

> Or, for audio streams that use the same number of samples per Block (almost all,
> except Vorbis) just Lace and use the DefaultDuration element.  Then an editor
> can assign a length to each Block automatically.

Problem is that DefaultDuration applies to the complete _Block_ = to the
sum of all frames in the block. For lacing, if you DO write a
DefaultDuration, you'll have to always use BlockDuration elements,
unless you just use duration_of_one_frame *
expected_number_of_frames_in_a_lace (8 in my case) as the DefaultDuration.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)