[Matroska-users] mkv support

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Oct 1 19:17:24 CEST 2003

Romy Klausnitzer wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> thank you for your answer. I managed the problem by transforming it
> into an avi file with virtualdubmod. Sorry for bothering you.
>
> Romy

Ahhh !!!!!    /me dies from another heartattack ...... no, please dont
do this to us :-( !  The original author of the file for sure knew what
he was doing when he created a .MKV and not a .AVI. I assume the file
had some nice subtitles or anything other advanced stuff, so its
completely defeating the purpose to convert it into an AVI now .....
please, please, try again !