[Matroska-users] mkv support

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Oct 1 16:22:38 CEST 2003

Romy Klausnitzer wrote:

> Dear Sir oder Madam,
>
> I have tried to play a mkv - file with the support you offered at your
> homep age (Matroska playback pack). I normally use Windows Media
> Player or Real Player but both are still not able to mkv. Could you
> help me please?!
>
> Thank's a lot
>
> Romy Klausnitzer

Romy,

can you tell us a bit more about this file ? what video and audio codec
does it use ? You can find out by installing the so-called 'matroska
shell extension' from
http://matroska.free.fr/downloads/cdl/MatroskaPropv1.6.exe .... after
installation, rebbot your PC, open the Windows Explorer ( not Internet
Explorer ), and click on the file. In the bottom line of the Explorer
Window you should see something like

'V_xyz/xyz' and 'A_xyz/xyz' ,

and this will indicate what audio and video codecs were used for this
movie. Please tell us whats written there, and we can point you to the
correct decoder filters.

Alternatively, try the latest packs from

http://matroska.free.fr/downloads/Matroska_Playback_Pack_0.6.exe

and tell us if this worked fine for you.

Best regards