[Matroska-users] Regarding VDubMod and subtitles

Trubbent Gubbotubbay zheron at dbzmail.com
Thu Oct 16 21:36:15 CEST 2003

Here is my question.  It is only semi-complicated  :)

I recently obtained a file in the format of '.mkv'.  Bundled with it, was the matroska playback pack, and another file with the '.sfv' file format.  When I play the .mkv file format, the video skips around, stays constant for a second then begins again.  But, the audio is pristine as well are the subtitles.

I read on learning how to use VirtualDUBMod to correct the skipping.  The audio is still correct, but the subtitles are gone.  This brings me to my question.

After I DUB the file, which I have not tried yet for the sheer amount of time it takes, will the subtitles still be there even if the subs are not displayed as the movie is dubbing?

On another note, your container is amazing, the quality is unrivaled.  I am boggled by the sheer DVD quality of this file format.  Well done!