[Matroska-users] new mkvtoolnix release 0.7.1
moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Oct 3 11:57:45 CEST 2003
after looking at my webserver's logs for the last couple of days and
seeing that the latest pre-version had about twice as many downloads as
the latest official release (0.7.0) I decided it was time to release a
No, not really - but now I've finished all that I wanted to finish
before releasing 0.7.1. It is a combination of bug fixes and new
features, most prominent among them the new chapter editor that has been
included in the GUI.
First the URLs:
Please read the new mkvmerge-gui.html that I've created. It is a first
shot and is not really a good guide, but it'll explain some things that
I don't want to repeat here (e.g. about the capabilities of the chapter
I've changed some critical code in the heart of the muxer which has not
been tested excessively. I've done my best to test all combinations of
the changed options/new options, but I'm really looking forward to your
feedback - especially to feedback about the chapter editor and mmg's new
(Criticism like 'hey you don't know squat about writing good
documentation' is not helpful - I already know that ;))
Anyway, here's the ChangeLog since the last release:
2003-10-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.7.1.
* Added a guide for mmg including some pictures.
2003-10-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Changed the lacing strategy again. New defaults are
NOT to write duration elements for all blocks, NOT to use time
slices and to USE lacing for most audio tracks. This will save
some space. The downside is that the laced frames 'lose' their
precise timecode information. Current demuxers don't care and will
work nevertheless. More sophisticated applications that make use
of these advanced information (duration elements, time slices) are
not available at the moment. All these options can be toggled by
the user with the new/modified options --disable-lacing,
--enable-durations and --enable-timeslices.
2003-09-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Attachments are kept when reading
2003-09-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Added a (nearly) full-featured chapter editor.
2003-09-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: XML chapters were not parsed correctly.
2003-09-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix/new feature: Rewrote the complete MP3
handling. Now files with ID3 tags (both v1 and v2) are handled
correctly. All MPEG-1 audio files (all layers) should be handled
2003-09-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: new feature: Support for extract HE-AAC tracks to
.aac files. Bug fix: Missing elements (default values) are handled
correctly for audio tracks.
2003-09-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bugfix: If attachments were given with path components
then the path component wasn't discarded for the attachment's
description on Windows (normally only the file name should be used
as the attachment's name).
* mmg: Fixed wrong order of the options --chapters,
--chapter-language and --chapter-charset.
2003-09-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: Added a lot of checks on the data given by the user so that
invalid data is reported by mmg and not by mkvmerge.
* mmg: Made the app a GUI app which gets rid of the "DOS box" on
2003-09-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bugfix: Moved the aspect ratio and FourCC input fields from
the global tab to the input tab where they belong to.
* mkvmerge: new feature: RealAudio can be read from Matroska files.
* mkvmerge: bugfix: RealVideo was not read correctly from Matroska
* mkvmerge: bugfix: The SRT reader would abort if there was more
than one empty line between subtitle entries line.
* mkvextract: bugfix: Proper BOMs are written according to the
desired charset when extracting text subtitles.
==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)
More information about the Matroska-users