[Matroska-users] mkvmerge incredibly slow (+100% CPU)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 25 10:43:29 CET 2003

> Maybe the AVI index is broken/not present?

Good guess ;-)  Yes, the file ended up being only 400MB instead of ~600MB, so
I think that's what happened.  The encode has finished now and I just created
the .mkv file and it appears to work perfectly.  mplayer was also playing the
AVI fine so I didn't think I'd run into any problems.

> I've had this problem once as well, but I somehow fixed the AVI instead of
> mkvmerge... (Probably re-downloaded the file, I don't quite remember.)

I wonder whether it's worth printing a message to the effect of "the input
file is incomplete, you may encounter problems"?  Although it might not be
worth going to the trouble of doing that, if it rarely happens.

Cheers,
Adam.