[Matroska-users] mkvmerge incredibly slow (+100% CPU)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 25 04:00:35 CET 2003

> Any chance you could send me the file producing this problem? 'cause
> I've no idea what's wrong here...

Ok, I just looked into it further, and I was unable to extract a section from
the file.  So I tried playing it, and I realised that mplayer can't seek in
it either - I'm not sure what happened, but it must be corrupted somehow.  It
seems to play ok, but if you try to seek it just jumps to the end of the
file.  The incomplete Matroska file seems to behave in the same way as well.

So it looks like it's not a bug after all, just something strange happening
with my input file!  I'm re-encoding it now, so hopefully it will work
properly this time!

Thanks for your help,
Adam.