[Matroska-users] mkvmerge incredibly slow (+100% CPU)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 25 03:30:00 CET 2003

> Hmm... Does it happen if you only mux the AVI? Does it happen if you
> only mux the VOrbis track?

Yes, Vorbis-only seems to be fine, and AVI only is still very slow.

> Any chance you could send me the file producing this problem? 'cause
> I've no idea what's wrong here...

Well, it's a 600MB file, so I'll see if I can grab a smaller section that has
the same effect.  It might be difficult though, because it appears to be
cached - on the first run it takes a while to read a few hundred frames, but
Ctrl+C and run it again and those same frames are read pretty quickly.  My
hard drive is also hardly going at all throughout the whole process.

Cheers,
Adam.