[Matroska-users] (no subject)

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Nov 15 09:36:44 CET 2003

Kenyosan27 at aol.com wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have windows media player 9 and i cannot figure what to download to
> be able to play matroska file. I have downloaded coremedia player 4
> which is suppose to read matroska but it still doesn't work...i assume
> i am missing the CDL plug in but i can't find it . Can you tell me
> what to do or even what to buy to be able to run matroska file. Thanks
> a million Kenneth

Ken,

welcome on this list. You have to understand that a matroska file can
contain a LOT of different tracks with different audio and video
compression formats, like DivX, XviD, RealVideo9, MP3, AC3, DTS, AAC,
MP2, Vorbis, etc. To give you clear advice what you need to install to
play your file, we need some information about the file's content.

As you have TCMP ( Core Mediaplayer RC4 ) already installed, pls. go
here http://cdl.matroska.org/ and download the latest CDL for it, ver.
1.6 . Then load the file into your playlist of TCMP, right click on it,
goto 'file properties' and then to 'matroska info' . On the left you
will see a list of all your tracks now, starting with 'track1' , and on
the right a lot of information is given about the track.

Please copy and paste all this information for every track of your file,
and we can tell you what to install then.