[Matroska-users] Bug in audio with mkvmerge ?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Nov 14 23:01:25 CET 2003

Hi,

> When you speak about recompiling mplayer, it's only for the mencoder
> part I hope ?  This doesn't affect the player ? (because I want that
> everybody can see the movie without recompiling his player ;) )

No, everyone will have to recompile mplayer with the new libebml and
libmatroska. Don't worry, in a month or so no one will use the old
version as mplayer's configure won't use Matroska if it finds older
libs.

> I tried mmg without problems a few weeks ago. But, today, it segfaults.
>  I just ask if it's a broken update on the mirror. If nothing was
> changed on the debian repository for a long times, it's then my system..
> (but why ?)

I've just installed that package on my system and tried mmg. It worked
fine. I've added an AVI and a VobSub track, then selected an output file
and muxed those. No segfault. It looks like your system which has some
problems.

I can make a debug build for you and then I can describe in more detail
what I want you to do, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)