[Matroska-users] --sync with Matroska input files

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Nov 13 09:13:02 CET 2003

Hi,

> mkvmerge -o new.mkv -A old.mkv -D --sync -1:3000 old.mkv

First you should probably not open the same source file twice and use
proper track IDs for --sync instead. Have a look at the output of
'mkvmerge -i old.mkv'. It'll report the track IDs. I further assume that
track ID 1 is a video track and track ID 2 is the audio track you want
to have delayed.

Then your command line would be:
mkvmerge -o new.mkv --sync 2:3000 old.mkv

> I'm using such a large number to make the sync delay obvious, and It seems to
> work at the beginning of the file but once I seek it goes back to the way it
> was before (no three second delay.)

Interesting. Actually this is pretty unlikely because the sync process
inserts or drops frames, so it'll add three seconds of silence in front
of your audio track. So I don't see why mplayer should revert to the
non-synced behaviour upon seeking.

Can you give me some more detail on the file used? E.g. the output of
'mkvinfo old.mkv'.

> Is this a known issue?  I'm using mplayer for playback.

No, I use mplayer, too, and so far sync worked fine for me including seeking.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)