[Matroska-users] How to use --sync option

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Nov 4 11:16:36 CET 2003

Hi.

> Hooray!  It worked :-D

Great :)

> The files also appear to work properly with the --sync option.  So
> when you use --sync, does it just store the delay somewhere, or does
> it actually add silence data to the audio stream, in whatever format
> it happens to be?

Depending on the offset silence is inserted or samples are removed (for
negative offsets). Silence is actually only created for a couple of
formats for which I know how to create them (PCM, MP3,
Vorbis). Otherwise the first packet is repeated as often as necessary
(AC3, AAC). Sync is not implemented at all for RealAudio.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)