[Matroska-users] mkvmerge incredibly slow (+100% CPU)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Mon Nov 24 15:33:13 CET 2003

Hi,

I've just encountered a problem with mkvmerge, it's worked perfectly on the
same format files until this one.  I'm merging in an MPEG4 AVI and Vorbis
audio but the progress counter runs slower and slower.  It usually takes two
to three minutes to complete, but after forgetting about it and coming back a
few hours later, it was stuck at about 24%.  It seems like the further into
the file it goes, the slower it gets (and it uses 100% CPU too.)  It doesn't
lock up though, because Ctrl+C works.

I don't really know what I can do to help you locate where the problem is, so
if you've got any ideas please let me know.

Using AVI demultiplexer for test.avi. Opening file. This may take some time
depending on the file's size.
+-> Using video output module for video track ID 0.
Using OGG/OGM demultiplexer for test.ogg.
OGG/OGM demultiplexer (test.ogg): using Vorbis output module for stream
1980584290.
Opened 'test.mkv' for writing.
progress: 6334/25951 frames (24%)
Warning: mkvmerge received a SIGINT (probably because the user pressed
Ctrl+C). Trying to sanitize the file. If mkvmerge hangs during this process
you'll have to kill it manually.
Sanitizing the file, part 1/4... done
Sanitizing the file, part 2/4... done
Sanitizing the file, part 3/4... done
Sanitizing the file, part 4/4... done
Error: mkvmerge was interrupted by a SIGINT (Ctrl+C?)

Thanks,
Adam.