[Matroska-users] Bug in audio with mkvmerge ?

Ploum ploum at mitose.net
Fri Nov 14 16:46:42 CET 2003

Hi,

I try to build my own matroska file for my movies but I have an huge
problem : the sound is corrupted !  The first seconds are good, but then
it's awful, with lot of "crak".

I follow the example here :

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/README

but with an avi file in DV codec (the master of "Cyclo", movie available
at frimouvy.udev.org )

Steps
- -----
a) I don't understand what this step is but I do it. resulting : an
unused frameno.avi file

b) works

c) I try with and without c) => same problem

d) I do it. The ogg file is perfect under xmms and ogg123 but crack a
bit under gqmpg. I try with q2 also.

e) I don't understand this step

f) I use :
~ mencoder cyclo.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq=4:vpass=1  -vop scale=360:158,crop=720:316 -o /dev/null
then idem for 2nd pass. it works great

g) I merge without problems. I add the -S options because mplayer was
saying 'subtitle requested but not subtitled found'.  it's only a bit
prettier ;)

but, the sound in the movie is awful !  when I merge the q2 file, it's a
bit better (but awful also).  The difference is that you can hear the
original music betwen "cracks". not for the q3 (it's only craks).
When I merge the PCM wav, I have no "crak" but the sound is sometimes
slower sometimes faster, it's like listen to a vinyl disk with your hand
on the disk.

I really don't understand what the matter is.

I try each time with both mplayer and videolanclient

thx for replies.

Ploum

PS : I have segfaut of mmg on my system ? is it normal ?

My system :
Debian Sid on Duron 800 , mencoder-k7 Version: 1:1.0-pre2-0.0
mkvtoolnix Version: 0.7.5-1