[Matroska-users] New Mailing Lists up and running

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Jul 9 15:42:50 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

if you received an email about being subscribed to a new matroska
mailing list, dont panic, you dont have to read yet another list. As you
may know, freelists.org was down for a while as a thunderstorm destroyed
their PC central. As we had no idea how long it would take unil they
have it up and running, we made a step we had been thinking of since a
long time and created our own mailing list server, which is hosted on
bunkus.org ( Mosu's server ). He installed mailman for this, and i was
just waiting for freelists.org to be up again to be able to 'steal' all
the email adresses from the subscription list, and subscribe all of you
manually.

This was done today and i would like to ask you to use this new mail
adresses from now on ( freelists.org will be abandoned soon ) :

matroska-general at lists.matroska.org
matroska-devel at lists.matroska.org
matroska-users at lists.matroska.org
matroska-cvs at lists.matroska.org

Please note that its matroska-user*S* now, while it was matroska-user_
before.

If you plan to change the subscription go here :

We hope you understand why we were doing this, the matroska project has
meanwhile reached an importance where we simply dont want to depend on
an external host for the ML archive and distribution. The new solution,
with  lists.matroska.org as TLD, is giving us a lot of freedom in terms
of choice of server. Cyt0plas is planning to install mailman on
corecodec.org also, so if we had a problem with bunkus.org we could
easily transcribe the complete MLs to cc.org, without having to change
anything.

Regards