[Matroska-users] Corrupt .mkv when using PCM audio

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Dec 25 12:27:45 CET 2003

Hi,

> I'm not sure what the intended outcome should be for that, but I'd assume no
> video track (or an 'empty' one, if there's such a thing) and a Vorbis audio
> track.

Depends on the AVI. I don't think mkvmerge will gracefully handle AVIs
without a video track or with a video track that is actually empty,
probably because I never had such a file and couldn't imagine such a
file being useful ;)

> Which I imagine is because there's a video track that's *waaay* too short, but
> plenty of audio.  I don't know whether you'd consider this a bug, but for the
> time being I consider it my own silly mistake ;-)

Yes - mplayer expects video and audio packets to arrive at roughly the
same time and will cache only so many packets until it decides that the
other stream either does not contain any more packets. mplayer cannot
really handle discontiunuities in the streams.

Mosu