[Matroska-users] MKV editing

Neil D. skivy at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 6 00:35:34 CET 2003

Hello Chris,

Its Neil.

After readig your advice I have yet to gain success is splitting a mkv and rejoining it like you might an avi in Vdubmod.

I see the editing guide at mastroska.org isnt available yet.

I can split the file in mkvmerge but i think the audio was very slightly out.

I can split in avi-mux but the individual files dont play.

Vdubmod is a no go.

Couldnt figure pamel's stream editor out.

I think its gonna me quite important that people can easily edit mkv in the same way we can avi's for internet distribution.

I wish i knew how to do this properly.

Hey i found that RV9 is an excellent codec and I can encode a anamorphic @ 1:1 then stick my rmvb in the mkv container and then specify a different AR.

And in mpc the auto reszie doesnt require ffdshow. I think the realone codec copes with resizing AR.

But without nice splitting and rejoining i wont be able to distribute my 1400mb files to my friends on 2 CD's :o(

Thanks for reading and for all the help you have given me.

Matroska is still my container of choice :o)

Neil