[Matroska-general] .MKV Files

Maulik Pithadia mdp2284 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 12:13:01 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have Sony Bravia HDTV KDL 32HX750 and Philips Cineos Sound Bar HTS8100
and my issue is that i am not able to play .mkv files on both Sony and
Philips. Now i understand that that these file formats are not supported
but i still want to know if there is any other way around to play these
files. Also i do not want to convert .mkv to any other file extensions as
that will take a huge amount of time and it will totally discard the
purpose of my email here. One more thing i wanted to check in regards to
this is that if i can get a hardware to play these files. VLC and DIVX do
play these file formats but i cannot install them on Sony or Philips. I am
struggling with this ever since i bought my TV in feb. 2013 I request you
to pls come up with a suitable solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Maulik P.