[Matroska-general] MKVToolNix v6.1.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Mar 2 18:16:21 CET 2013
I've released MKVToolNix 6.1.0. It's one main new feature is support
for Blu-ray playlists (MPLS files). You can add them just like any
other file and mkvmerge will use the files the playlist references
instead. If you add such a playlist in mmg you can let mmg scan the
whole directory for other playlists. mmg will then present you with
the results (which include each playlist's duration, the referenced
files, total file size, the number and types of tracks and the number
of chapters) from which you can chose which playlist to actually
add. This allows for easy selection of the most appropriate playlist
(often the longest, but not always).
There are a few other minor new features and a lot of bug fixes as
well. Please look at the ChangeLog below for the details.
For package maintainers nothing has changed. MKVToolNix still requires
its bundled versions of libEBML and libMatroska because new versions
of them haven't been released yet (just like in 5.9.0).
Here are the usual links:
...to the source code:
...to the binaries:
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 6.0.0:
2013-03-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v6.1.0.
2013-02-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed mkvmerge sometimes mistakenly detecting
MPEG-1 video in MPEG program streams as AVC/h.264. Fixes #845.
* mmg: new feature: When a playlist file (e.g. MPLS Blu-ray
playlist) is added mmg can optionally scan all the other files in
the directory that have the same extension and present the user
with the results (including them playback time, total size, number
of chapters, number and types of tracks). The user can then select
the actual playlist file to add. The user can configure the
minimum playlist duration in order to filter out too short ones.
2013-02-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Added an option for disabling making the
suggested output file name unique by adding a running number
(e.g. ' (1)'). Implements #848.
* mmg: new feature: The output file name can be auto-set to be
located in the first input file's parent directory. Implements
2013-02-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo, mkvpropedit, mmg's header editor: bug fix: Fixed the
description for the DisplayUnit element to include value 3
2013-02-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* documentation: Added a Dutch translation of mmg's guide by
René Maassen (see AUTHORS).
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed handling chapters when splitting by
parts (both parts/timecodes and parts/frames). Fixes #831.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading certain MP4 atoms with invalid
2013-02-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix in common AAC code: Fixed wrong calculation of
AAC packet size for malformed packets resulting in "safemalloc()"
failing to allocate memory. Part of a fix for #832.
2013-02-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented support for reading MPLS
BluRay playlist files. All M2TS files referenced from an MPLS file
are processed. Chapter entries from that MPLS file are used as
well. Implements #765.
2013-01-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Selecting one of the pre-defined values from the
"split by X" argument drop down box (e.g. "700M") was not leaving
the selected entry in the drop down box but set it to empty
2013-01-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading VP6 video from FlashVideo
files. Fixes #836.
2013-01-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed validating the argument for splitting parts
by frame/field numbers. Fixes #835.
More information about the Matroska-general