[Matroska-general] MKV properties

Håkon Grov hakongrov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:41:19 CEST 2012

Hi I am trying to organize my Mkv video collection by using tags to do it
more searchable. I would like to add tags like genre, theme, producer etc.
This is easily done with an MP4 where all I have to do is go into the
properties panel and change it there, but with MKV there isn't any options
to do this. I have tried to manually merge an xml tag file into the mkv,
but when I do this the only program that can read the tags is MKVinfo. The
purpose of these tags are that I easily could search in explorer by typing
stuff like Comment:action etc. Is there a way to either make the tags show
up in explorer when merging it manually or an easier way to insert tags to
a mkv file? If there isn't than I hope you would take it into consideration
to implement this feature to the mkv standard.