[Matroska-general] MKVToolNix v5.9.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Dec 9 19:02:24 CET 2012
I've released v5.9.0. There's an important information for package
maintainers below marked with [!].
I've released MKVToolNix v5.9.0. It fixes several bugs: 793 (appending
empty subtitle tracks); 795 (file names containing '%' read from .mmg
files); reading linked seek heads in mkvmerge (fixes mkvmerge not
finding attachments after usage of mkvpropedit); 801 & 802 (discarding
EBML void elements when writing and reading XML chapter files); 804
(mkvmerge will keep timecodes of PCM tracks read from containers that
provide timecodes); 805 (reading seek position elements bigger than 2
Enhancements include writing the newly introduced elements "cue
duration" and "cue relative position" which provide more detailed
information for seeking.
[!] Due to this enhancement compilation requires new versions of
libEBML (1.3.0) and libMatroska (1.4.0), neither of which has been
released yet: they're only available from the Subversion repository so
far. However, MKVToolNix comes bundled with internal copies of both
libraries which will be used. As soon as official versions of libEBML
and libMatroska have been released this release of MKVToolNix will be
able to use them again, of course.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All of the Linux binaries that I provide have already been built and
Here's the ChangeLog since v5.8.0:
2012-12-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v5.9.0.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading seek position values bigger
than 2 GB. Fixes #805.
2012-12-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed appending non-empty tracks to empty
tracks. Fixes #793.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge will now keep timecodes of PCM
tracks from source files if they're available. Fixes #804.
2012-12-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: EBML void elements will be skipped when reading
structures from XML (e.g. chapters). Fixes #802.
2012-12-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: EBML void elements will be skipped when saving
structures to XML (e.g. chapters). Fixes #801.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading linked seek heads in Matroska
2012-11-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed reading file names containing a '%' from a
.mmg settings file (both normally saved files and the job queue
files). Fixes #795.
2012-10-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Dirac video code: Added four more
pre-defined video types from Dirac spec v2.2.2 and two from Dirac
2012-09-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: enhancement: Added options for turning off
writing "CueDuration" elements ("--engage no_cue_duration") and
"CueRelativePosition" elements ("--engage
* mkvmerge: new feature: The element "CueRelativePosition" is
written for all cue entries.
* mkvmerge: new feature: The element "CueDuration" will be written
for all cue entries referring to subtitle tracks.
* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will write cues for subtitle
tracks by default now.
* mkvinfo: new feature: added support for the new elements
CueDuration, CueRelativePosition and TimecodeScaleDenimonator. The
denominator's value is only shown so far but not taken into
account when calculating any timecode.
* mkvpropedit, mmg, mkvmerge: removal: removed support for the
deprecated element TrackTimecodeScale.
More information about the Matroska-general