[Matroska-general] Simple Question about ratios

GoNXaS Hardy gonxa.el.leon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:50:46 CEST 2011

*Hi All!
*

I got a simple question about this format.

I'm comparing two .mkv files, one of them reads* Matroska at 3 043 Kbps*,
meanwhile the other reads: * **Matroska at 12.4 Mbps*.*
*

Since this is one of the little difference between the files (both has an
aspect of 1920 x 1080 and almost 24.000 fps) (the other differences are the
audio tracks) and the size of the files are off 1.82 gb and 8.3 gb, I
believe that the previous mentioned ratio are or the image compression, or
the image quality.

Since I'm looking to get the best quality for this video, I want to be sure
what that difference means (3 043 Kbps vs 12.4 Mbps), can anybody enlighten
me?

Also, anyone know a program to switch the audio tracks between two mkv files
(I'm on Windows 7)

Thanks you in advance

--
                                                    GoNXaS