[Matroska-general] --cropping option for MPEG2

Ignatius Reilly chad.alexander.norvell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:13:00 CET 2008

Based on my own testing and the information I've found on Google, the
--cropping command line option appears to have no effect on MPEG2 streams. I
have a number of videos that I'd love to omit the letterboxes/pillarboxes
on, and I certainly don't want to recode solely for that purpose. Are there
plans to fully implement this feature in the future? What is it that
prevents it from working on MPEG2 streams at the moment?