[Matroska-general] Can I append video to a file "in-place"? If so, any tips on how to do it?

Peter Romba promba at gmail.com
Fri May 23 15:57:04 CEST 2008

Hi guys, serious newbie here.

It's been difficult to wade my way through libmatroska, but I think
I'm making some progress.  My ultimate goal is to append one file onto
the end of another file.  The catch is, I'd like to (if possible) do
it *in place*.  In other words, if I have a 2 GB video and I just want
to tack on another 100MB of video to it, I'd rather not have to copy
the 100MB file *and* the 2GB file into the output file.

Is this even possible?  Are there any tricks/caveats to it?

Thanks
--Peter