[Matroska-general] DTS in MKA

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Jun 28 12:22:08 CEST 2008

Hey,

On Saturday 28 June 2008 11:21, Raphael Pigulla wrote:

> I'm having a problem putting a DTSWAV into a MKA container using the
> lastest mkvtoolnix.

What do you mean by "latest"? The latest build from
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/ ? If not, please
try the latest one.

> As it turns out, the MKA file is too small (79mb compared to the 91mb
> of the original DTSWAV), so clearly something went wrong there.

DTSWAV encodes 14 bits of DTS data in 16 bits. If you extract the DTS
data from the file into a normal DTS file then it will shrink to 87,5%
of the DTSWAV file's size (14/16 = 87,5%). The same is true for
Matroska. Therefore I doubt that there's any data missing in the
Matroska file.

Regards,
Mosu