[Matroska-general] Video Codec

Jobin Taheri fard Lavasani jobin34 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:21:51 CEST 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you with regards to a file that I downloaded from a website called Bitsoup. The file is a movie titled the "Matrix trilogy" and is in HD-DVD and has a size of 24 Gb with each film having a size of 8Gb. The file is an MKV file and my problem lies in trying to play the file. Windows Media Player, Winamp, DivX... cannot play the file, which I guess is because they do not support or have the codec required to play the file. I then did some reading online and downloaded VLC since it was said that VLC would play most files and supports nearly all codecs, but when I played the file with VLC I only had the audio and no image. I downloaded a program called video-inspector and placed the matrix trilogy films into video-inspector which then told me that I need the codec called "MPEG4 ISO advanced" for the vodeo and for the audio I need "(Dolby(TM))AC3". I have checked on your website and you only give a description of these and have no links for downloads.

I would be exceptionally grateful if you could help me with this, or tell me how I could get hold of the codecs or any other way/program in which I could play the file.

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely.

Jobin.