[Matroska-general] Video Codec

Sarreq Teryx sarreq at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 03:46:49 CEST 2008

try getting:
FFDShow ---> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941
and
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema ---> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170561
I've been happy with both for years now, and have rarely once ever run into a file they could not play
  "Jobin Taheri fard Lavasani" <jobin34 at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BLU142-W185217C81F9F4B1ADCE32AA8940 at phx.gbl...
  Dear Sir/Madam,

  I am writing to you with regards to a file that I downloaded from a website called ---. The file is a movie titled the "---" and is in HD-DVD and has a size of 24 Gb with each film having a size of 8Gb. The file is an MKV file and my problem lies in trying to play the file. Windows Media Player, Winamp, DivX... cannot play the file, which I guess is because they do not support or have the codec required to play the file. I then did some reading online and downloaded VLC since it was said that VLC would play most files and supports nearly all codecs, but when I played the file with VLC I only had the audio and no image. I downloaded a program called video-inspector and placed the --- films into video-inspector which then told me that I need the codec called "MPEG4 ISO advanced" for the vodeo and for the audio I need "(Dolby(TM))AC3". I have checked on your website and you only give a description of these and have no links for downloads.

  I would be exceptionally grateful if you could help me with this, or tell me how I could get hold of the codecs or any other way/program in which I could play the file.

  Many thanks.

  Yours sincerely.

  Jobin.