[Matroska-general] still cant play mkv files

Christoph Terasa kohlrabi82 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 3 15:53:27 CEST 2008

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:53:25 +0100, Wydma <wydma at email.com> wrote:

> hi guys. i downloaded CCCP installed it and
> still cant play mkv files :( i have windows
> media player and winamp and only CCCP no other
> codecs. i will attach MatrioskaDiag report,
> please help me.

The two players provided with CCCP should work. I use Media Player Classic
(it has NOTHING to do with Windows Media Player) succesfully. Though my
MKVs work fine in Windows Media Player 11, I don't have any with vorbis in
them, maybe that's the bad guy.
Just try using Media Player Classic and report back if you still have
problems.
I also found mention of this error on
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/18579p1.html with a possible "solution".
Have you tried cleaning any traces of codec packs with the insurgent-tool
 from the CCCP-website, and then reinstalling CCCP?

regards
Christoph