[Matroska-general] Codec Index Trouble.

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Sep 6 14:04:11 CEST 2007

GT70 wrote:
> Hi, I'm beta testing the netgear8000 and they are trying to develop .mkv
> compatibility.
> The best result I've seen so far is with dolby digital (x264)
> The only problem is that all files stop after a while.
> I calculated the proportion over the film length and basically what
> happen is that after the 12.65% played the film stop.
> Could it be an indexing problem of the container .mkv or the codec used
> (x264)?
> Pls let me know.
> Thanks

Matroska doesn't need an index to play, with the meta-seek it could also
have enough info to roughly seek in the file too. Otherwise Cue support
has to be implemented. But for normal playback there's no reason it
should stop at some point. Maybe they don't use 64 bits integer where it
should be ?

Steve