[Matroska-general] Matroska 4th public birthday

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue May 1 17:41:36 CEST 2007

Hi All,

i actually had the same idea as Steve, to send an email about matroska's
4th b-day to the list. As he has done this already now, i am planning to
update our news entries in English and German tonight.

Haali is just telling me the Russian pages are completely outdated, he
suggested to better kill them then leaving them as they are now. Maybe
somebody on this list from Russia can motivate himself to at least add a
hint to the Russian pages, suggesting to better brose the English pages
for more actual information ?

Its exciting that the project has come such a long way, and IMO it also
was to the benefit of matroska, the container, that there hasn't been so
much updating lately, for stability reasons. If a project is under heavy
development, compatibility is sometimes a problem. Still, i do hope
there is some revitalization of the menues, and its good to hear that
finally matroska tags are going to be used.

For the future i wish everybody who was ever involved in the project
does feel as proud as i am, to have helped a little bit to make matroska
develop to what it is today.

Christian
matroska project admin