[Matroska-general] matroska support in VLC

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Mar 3 22:20:11 CET 2007

Steve Lhomme schrieb:
> Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
>> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=102051#102051
>>
>> I hope everybody does agree with my point of view ?
>
> Well, I don't work for DivX, Inc. anymore (and DivX Networks doesn't
> exist anymore). Now I work full time for CoreCodec. So that doesn't
> much time chances to implement the MKV writing in VLC.
>
> If that's a Google Summer Of Code, I'll be glad to be the manager of
> that task :)

Steve, this is what was talked on #mplayer :

<Compn> ffmpeg guys are looking into a google SoC project to get mkv muxer
<ChrisHJW> <Compn> ffmpeg guys are looking into a google SoC project to
get mkv muxer <---- !!!!!!
<ChrisHJW> wow
<ChrisHJW> Compn : robux4 offered to coordinate this, if the find a guy
doing that within SoC
<ChrisHJW> he should be the perfect man to do this ;)
<ChrisHJW> from his work on Dr.DivX he is quite knowledgable in ffmpeg,
and of course as the founder of matroska he knows MKV pretty well
<Compn> ChrisHJW : tell him to say something on ffmpeg-devel list ;p
<ChrisHJW> ok, i will

I dont know how your idea to get a MKV muxer into FFMPEG from SoC has
spread so quickly, but it seems people are after it already ?