[Matroska-general] Problems with Matroska

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Jun 11 10:12:25 CEST 2007

elcio.botelho schrieb:
> Dear sirs,
>
> Recently I downloaded a movie with .mkv extension and looked for
> information at internet. After some navigation, I downloaded the
> Matroska full-pack v1.1 from free-downloads.com and installed in my
> computer.
> Well, I could see the .mkv movie I had downloaded but soon I realized
> that this instalation had made lots of changes in my computer:
> 1) Only selecting some .avi in the Windows Explorer, the
> program "locks" and I can´t do anything,
> 2) Sometimes, selecting some .avi files in Windows Explorer, the
> program closes itself without notices.
> 3) Trying to play some .avi movies I had in my computer in any player,
> the program closes without notices,
> 4) Trying to play some .avi movies I had in my computer in any player,
> the movie locks in the begin.
>
> I tried items 3 and 4 using Winamp, Windows Media Player and BSPlayer,
> and the results are the same.
> I tried to uninstall the Matroska, but realized that a lot of keys and
> registers remain when I restart the computer.
> Please, I don´t know what else to do. I would like to uninstall
> definetely the Matroska of my computer and would like it to be working
> as it was before. Could somebody help me?
>
> PS. I have in my computer the Vob_Sub 2.23 installed, and was working
> very well until I installed Matroska. It is not working too.
>
> Thanks,
> Elcio G. Botelho
First of all, the pack you downloaded from 'free-downloads.com' (did we
tell you to do that ???) is very old and abandoned. Goto
http://packs.matroska.org and install the CCCP pack you will find there,
and most of your problems will be gone immediately.
For VobSub 2.23, this is a very old and well known incompatibility with
a very old version of DirectVob Sub, the subtitles DirectShow filter,
coming with VobSub. De-Install VobSub, then reinstall it with the tick
box for DirectVobSub NOT ticked, and all will be fine.

Regards

Christian
matroska project admin