[Matroska-general] hello

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jan 14 18:40:43 CET 2007

Sorry,

but it seems most Mac's are too weak (CPU wise) to play HD-TV AVC
content in sync. Please note this is not the fault of matroska (the
container) but of the used video compression method (AVC ; h.264), and
the available decoders for it.

VLC and mplayer should be your best bet on MacOSX, if they fail on this
file (with your CPU) i fear you dont have any better options. You may
try the corecodec.com people if they offer a MacOSX version of their
Coreplayer, using the very efficient CoreAVC decoder library for
AVC/h.264 decoding.

Regards

Christian
matroska project admin

P.S. There is a link to a guide on matroska.org on how to convert such
files to DVD, using the excellent program ConvertXtoDVD