[Matroska-general] DVD Santa

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Sep 19 20:37:49 CEST 2006

roxanne schrieb:

>Hey,
>DVD Santa's quality sucks! It is a waste of disc space.  We need a program
>with excellent output on DVD, not crap.
>Thanks

1. Great. Make one, and don't forget to implement matroska support into
it. We promise to write a Guide for it and to promote your software on
matroska.org .

2. Why are you telling us ? We didn't make it ?

3. We heard there is a program called WinAVI, allowing to convert MKV
into DVD, but we never tested it. Another alternative is Mediacoder from
http://mediacoder.sf.net, but its not easy to use and i have no idea
what their MPEG2 encoder quality is like (its FFMPEG).

Regards

Christian
matroska project admin