[Matroska-general] [Fwd: OT: Difference between Ogg and NUT?]

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Nov 12 17:29:13 CET 2006

There's currently some work done in FFMPEG to finally support NUT
demuxing (not sure about muxing).

After all NUT started just a little after we started coding Matroska, 5
years ago. And they still don't have stable specs/code. So I'm not too
worried...

There was also some discussion on ffmpeg-cvs recently about matroska.
And given the comments from the NUT people it seems they just want to
replace AVI without much more features... Or at least they never thought
about all the features we already support.

Steve